What is Ionization Therapy?
The word ozone makes on think of the layers of the earth’s atmosphere and global warming but rarely does it make on think about hair. However, ozone therapy or ionization therapy can be very good for hair regrowth has come to become very popular in recent times. Ozone or O3 is a blue, odorous gas which is naturally present in air from where it can be extracted.
Alternatively, ozone can be chemically synthesized in a laboratory. Apart from your luscious locks, ozone therapy can also be used to treat heart ailments, diabetes, problems with vision, Parkinson’s disease, dental cavities and slipped discs.
Unlike an oxygen molecule, ozone has three oxygen atoms. These have the ability to release free radicals when injected into any part of the body. When injected into the scalp, the ozone is oxidized and peptones are developed on the hair shafts. A further protective layer is then formed over each strand of hair by the peptones. This protects the hair from breakage and keeps it from falling.
How Beneficial to Hair
- The ozone molecule also strengthens and rejuvenates the hair follicles. This helps nourish the scalp and the hair.
- It also improves blood circulation and reduces microbial infection on the scalp.
- Along with this, Ionization therapy helps add volume to hair and treats issues such as Dandruff, Frizziness and split ends.
- In the case of coloured hair, Ionization therapy can help hair colour last longer by strengthening the bond between the dye and hair.
Both men and women can benefit from Ionization therapy.
- Ionization therapy can be used to treat a number of issues related to the hair.
- It is most commonly used to address cases of Hair Fall, Thinning of Hair, Alopecia, Balding and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
- These conditions could be caused by Genetic Traits, Pollution, Aging, Hormonal Imbalances, Poor Diet, Infections or Poor Hair Care.
Right Place for Ionization Therapy
Ionization therapy can be provided by a doctor or in certain spas. It is preferable to undergo this procedure under the guidance of a certified dermatologist. Hair ionization is a painless procedure that does not require any hospitalization or anesthesia.
The ozone rays are passed into the scalp through a comb-like device. This may be used 15-20 minutes a week.
Pros & Cons
- Like any other procedure, there are certain risks associated with Ionization Therapy.
- If excessive ozone is injected into the scalp, it can be very toxic.
- Instead of strengthening the hair follicles, this could damage them further.
You should not Opt for this treatment if you are:
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Mothers and
- People with Chronic Skin Allergies.
For more details contact us http://hairloss.looksforever.com/ or request for a Call Back from our Hair Experts on:+919555122122