Benefits of yoga
Yoga means union, union of mind, body and spirit. Yoga is a way of healthy living. Yoga not only contains postures (asana) but also meditation and breathing exercises. Yoga has been derived from Ayurveda. The knowledge of yoga has been there in India right from the time of rishimunis, but the knowledge of yoga never got the limelight as it is getting now.
Even foreigners come to India nowadays to learn yoga. It has been proved that yoga is the most effective form of exercise. Yoga has multiple benefits and hence one must definitely practice yoga at any cost. Once you read the benefits of yoga given below then I am sure that you will definitely forgo your sleep, get up early in the morning and rush to your yoga class to do yoga. Therefore the benefits of yoga are:
- Yoga helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Yoga helps to reduce your weight.
- It helps to lessen muscle and joint pain.
- Yoga is very effective in cleansing your whole body and detoxifying it.
- Regular practice of yoga will help you to trim, fit and lean. It will also help to control depression.
- Breathing exercise taught in yoga help to reduce asthma, cholesterol and it helps in better functioning of the lungs and heart.
- Breathing exercises help in making full use of your lungs as a human being only uses 1/4th of ones lungs.
- In case you are suffering from specific ailments like diabetes, blood pressure, spondylitis, knee pain, back pain, etc. then ask your yoga teacher to teach you specific postures to curb your pain and maintain your blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Yoga contains precise exercises and postures for precise ailments and problems.
- Kiss your pains good bye because when you do yoga regularly you will automatically come into shape.
- Yoga also includes meditation that will help you to de-stress and be less aggressive and tensed.
- Yoga also needs you to control your diet and eat Sattvic food i.e. vegetarian food, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and organic milk products. What we normally consume is Rajasic Food i.e. hot, salty, spicy food and Tamasic Food i.e. oily food and foodstuffs that are heavy on the stomach.
Hence, by now I am sure that you are hunting for a yoga class near you locality to start practicing yoga. Yoga is directly related to health and wellness and it is much needed in today’s time. Yoga seems to be a much better option than lifting weights and going to the gym.