Effects of pollution on skin
You feel you have wasted your youth at the age of 30 when you see grey hair, wrinkles on your skin and all other visible signs of ageing. You wonder what went wrong, after all, you pumped iron in the gym, ate healthy food, got up early in the morning and did yoga, slept early, meditated, used all kinds of skin creams and the lists goes on and on. We all do a lot of things to stay young and look young but there is one thing we don’t do and that is protect our body and our skin form pollution. Have you ever wondered how much pollution can affect your skin? Probably no, hence read on to find out..
Effects of pollution on skin:
- Causes aging, wrinkles, pimples, black heads etc.
- It rids you skin of all natural oils
- Dust forms a layer over your skin and congests your pores.
- Sun’s heat during noon is very harmful as ultra violet rays of the sun can cause cancer, rashes and diseases.
- Pollution can cause numerous skin diseases and rashes.
- Pollution can make your skin look dull as it rids them off oxygen.
- It makes your skin rough.
- It gives you a tan, which does not go away so easily.
Hence, now that you know the harmful effects of pollution on your skin it is better to curb them and keep them a bay.
Some of the remedial measures to prevent pollution from affecting your skin are:
- Wrap around a scarf or a duppata around your head while going out.
- Apply sunscreen when you go out in the sun from 12pm to 4 pm. Or the much better option is to carry an umbrella when you go out in the sun
- Moisturize your skin by applying moisturizer every night before sleeping.
- Take an oil bath once a week to replenish your skin of its oils.
- Try to wear a jacket or a coat while going out so that it shields you from the direct effect of pollution.
- Mix shikakai powder, channe ka ata, haldi powder, add water as needed, and make a fine paste of it. Use it as a substitute to soap.
- Use warm water and scrub, to wash your face after coming home.
- Eat healthy; it will help to flush out the toxins from your system.
Hence, if you follow these tips faithfully and accordingly, then you will be safe from pollution to some extent. One cannot evade pollution completely; hence, it is advisable to take proper precautions.